Our Medical Support Aides (MSA) are unlicensed support staff who provide direct support to Medical Support Staff, Certified Veterinary Technical Staff, and Veterinarians. This is the ideal position for a high school student to gain experience and exposure to the veterinary profession.
All MSA staff is responsible for supporting the servitude of patient care; ensuring that all patients are treated ethically with regard to health and safety; ensuring that faults in process, training, and procedure are identified and communicated; creating and maintaining the efficiency of the process.
- Provide immediate support to Certified Veterinary Technicians, Medical Support Staff, and Veterinarians
- Patient location, relocation, handling, and restraint
- Recognize and react appropriately to aggressive patients
- Establish and maintain proper sanitation and infectious disease control in all triage and patient care locations
- Maintain proper biohazard handling and waste management practices
- Engage efficiency to maximize patient care
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Organize and monitor multiple activities
- Follow directions when provided, but act independently once directed
- Maintain linen services and follow proper cleaning cycles for specific needs
- Monitor soiled linen locations
- Ensure constant turnover of soiled and clean linens
- Monitor surgical supply linens
- Be a resource for inventory control, to aid in loss prevention
PAW believes in the ongoing education of staff to encourage ongoing growth.
Education and Experience
- Current High School Student with an interest in entering into the veterinary profession
- Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers, practice management software, and standard work/spreadsheet software. Must be able to utilize or learn scheduling modules/software
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- None required for this position