PAW Health Network is a 24-Hour Animal Care Center that provides an array of diverse services offered to the community. These services include the following: walk-ins, routine care, emergency care, urgent care, shelter medicine, and massage therapy.As PAW becomes more involved in providing care to the community, our need for more Medical Support Staff continues to grow. PAW recognizes the importance of strong caregiver and patient relations. Leading the industry, PAW has created a culture of support and equality to maximize successes in-patient care, and it all begins when the caregiver walks through the door.The culture and core values at PAW Health Network is loyal, laid back, enjoyable, and supportive of one another. If you are looking to begin or continue your career in an environment where you are valued, encouraged to improve yourself, and thrive while leading the industry with your care team then please apply.PAW offers wage and compensation packages competitive to any other health service industry. We promote work-life balance in order to encourage mental and physical wellness. Because your overall health matters to us, your employee benefits include the following:
- Employee Assistance Program offers counselors who provide assistance in defining, understanding, and resolving work-related and personal issues
- Professional stipend for license dues, continuing education, and professional memberships
- Transitional housing available
- Uniform reimbursement
- Pet Insurance for employee-owned pets
- Employee discount for all employee-owned pets
- Individual wellness supported by in house catered meals and corporate gym membership
- Structured growth plans to facilitate movement into other departments including study program to for VTNE to become a Certified Veterinary Technician.
- Medical Support Staff are unlicensed personnel that assists the entire team in the care of our patients and their caregivers.
- As a member of the Medical Support Staff, you will interface with the entire veterinary team and patients throughout the entire case.
- Assisting with initial evaluations, restraint, caregiver communication, and basic patient task as directed by a CVT or DVM.
- Maintenance of patient housing and patient care areas.
- Assisting our Caregiver Support Staff with caregiver communications either by phone or in person, assist in the processing of caregiver payments.
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience in animal care or currently enrolled in an animal science program
- Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives
- Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue
- Effectively provides feedback
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers, practice management software, and standard work/spreadsheet software. Must be able to utilize or learn scheduling modules/software
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- None required for this position