Are you looking for a fast-paced, laid-back, and fun position that allows you to get your foot in the door into Veterinary Medicine? Whether you are passionate about helping animals or you are pursuing higher education in Veterinary medicine, we encourage you to apply!
Medical Support Staff is synonymous with the traditional title of veterinary assistant. Which is unlicensed personnel who assists the entire team in the care of our patients and their caregivers. They interface with caregiver support staff for caregiver coordination for initial assessments, facilitate efficient examinations of patients, and perform tasks as requested by the technical staff and veterinarians.
- Effective collaborative communication with caregivers and coworkers
- Assist Caregiver Support Staff with their principal duties and responsibilities including but not limited to phone calls, caregiver data, database management, processing, and accounts receivable
- Provide immediate support to the entire Medical and Caregiver Support Teams.
- Assist incoming patients based on the urgency of care and available resources
- Read, interpret and assist with the implementation of written medical treatments
- Ability to think and adapt quickly to changing conditions
- Organized and able to monitor multiple activities at once
- Able to follow directions, but function independently
- Understand hospital logistics to maintain efficiency and reduce costs
- Be a resource for inventory control, to aid in loss prevention.
Because your overall health matters to us, your employee benefits include the following:
- Health insurance package including Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Professional stipend for license dues, continuing education, and professional memberships
- Uniform reimbursement
- Pet insurance for employee-owned pets
- Employee discount for all employee-owned pets & immediate family members
- Individual wellness supported by in-house catered meals and corporate gym membership
- Integration process to promote professional development
- Growth opportunities
PAW believes in the ongoing education of staff to encourage ongoing growth.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in veterinary sciences or pre-vet program
- Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers, practice management software and standard work/spreadsheet software. Must be able to utilize or learn scheduling modules/software.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- None is required for this position
We are currently looking for full-time and part-time applicants to join our team!
- 10 pm-7 am | Every other Weekend Obligation
- 2 pm-11 pm | Every other Weekend Obligation
- 10 am-7 pm | Every other Weekend Obligation
- 8 am-5 pm | Every other Weekend Obligation
If you are looking for a great experience and full exposure to animal medicine, PAW is for you!