Medical Support Staff is synonymous with the traditional title of veterinary assistant. Which is unlicensed personnel who assists the entire team in the care of our patients and their caregivers. They interface with caregiver support staff for caregiver coordination for initial assessments, facilitate efficient examinations of patients, and perform tasks as requested by the technical staff and veterinarians.
- Effective collaborative communication with caregivers and coworkers
- Assist Caregiver Support Staff with their principal duties and responsibilities including but not limited to phone calls, caregiver data, database management, processing, and accounts receivable
- Provide immediate support to the entire Medical and Caregiver Support Teams.
- Assist incoming patients based on the urgency of care and available resources
- Read, interpret and assist with the implementation of written medical treatments
- Ability to think and adapt quickly to changing conditions
- Organized and able to monitor multiple activities at once
- Able to follow directions, but function independently
- Understand hospital logistics to maintain efficiency and reduce costs
- Be a resource for inventory control, to aid in loss prevention.
PAW believes in the ongoing education of staff to encourage ongoing growth.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in veterinary sciences or pre-vet program
- Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers, practice management software and standard work/spreadsheet software. Must be able to utilize or learn scheduling modules/software.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- None is required for this position.
$16-$20/hour based on experience
If interested, please submit your resume and complete the ADVanced Insights Profile found at this link: https://profiles.innermetrix.com/VO/462b3fb5/en